Why is apple the king of the fruits?
Have you ever heard about this famous sayings “an apple a day will keep the doctor away.”? Many children hear about it from their mother when they are encouraged to eat apples. Why is apple so important to our life?
Here are 10 facts you must know about this healthy fruit:
1. Apples are rich in soluble fibers (5 grams).
It was shown that this soluble fibers reduce intestinal disorders, including diverticulitis, hemorrhoids and even some cancers. Also, it helps insulin levels by releasing slowly the sugar into the bloodstream and eliminate heavy metals such as lead and mercury.
2. The apple pectin helps reduce cholesterol levels by lowering insulin secretion.
3. In two studies the researchers found that eating five apples a week reduces the risk of respiratory diseases such as asthma.
4. According to Chinese medicine apples strengthens the heart, lubricates the lungs and moisturize our body.
5. Apple cider vinegar can help prevent the formation of kidney stones.
6. Studies indicate that eating apples daily can prevent skin diseases.
7. According to a Brazilian study, women who ate an apple before meals lost 33% more weight than those who did not eat apple before meals.
8. An apple has only 50-80 calories and does not contain fat or sodium.
9. Apples contain A, C vitamin, flavonoids and small amounts of phosphorus, iron and calcium.
10. Apples provide a source of potassium which helps heart health.
Also, let me tell you some interesting facts about apples:
• There are more than 7,500 varieties of apples.
• Air represents 25% of the volume of the apple.
• Apples have 5% protein.
• The apple tree can live up to 100 years!
• The largest apple weighed 1.5 kg.
• 40 leafs energy is required to produce a single apple.
To get the most benefits:
• Eat apples with peel to get the nutrients; many nutrients are in the skin or just under the skin (vitamin C and vitamin A are in the apple pulp).