Here are 10 reasons you should start eating Avocado right now.
1. Eating Avocados Can Lower Cholesterol and Triglyceride Levels.
2. The monounsaturated fats in avocado are beneficial for improving your skin tone. They are vital for maintaining good moisture levels in the epidermal layer of your skin that make it look and feel soft and healthy.
3. Avocados offer nearly 20 vitamins and minerals in every serving, including potassium (which helps control blood pressure), lutein (which is good for your eyes), and folate (which is crucial for cell repair and during pregnancy).
4. Avocados are a great source of lutein, a carotenoid that works as an antioxidant and helps protect against eye disease. They also contain the related carotenoids zeaxanthin, alpha-carotene and beta-carotene, as well as tocopherol (vitamin E).
5. Avocados are rich in a compound called beta-sitosterol which has been shown to be effective in lowering blood cholesterol levels.
6. The glutathione found in avocados has been found to help prevent some kinds of cancers.
7. Adding avocado to a meal has been found to increase the amount of carotenoids absorbed from that meal by up to 5 times. Carotenoids include beta carotene and lycopene which are important nutrients for good health.
8. Perhaps the biggest health benefit of avocados is that by adding avocado to certain foods, you can improve your absorption of nutrients. This means that when you combine other fat burning foods with avocado, you can improve your nutrient absorption up to 400%!
9. Avocado works well for wrinkles and age spots. When applied with cocoa butter, it helps in lightening scars and spots and gives you a radiant skin tone.
10. One cup of sliced avocado contains about 234 calories along with 2.9 grams of proteins, 9.8 grams of fiber, 12.4 grams of carbohydrates and 21.5 grams of fat. These calories can be burnt either by running for 25 minutes or by walking for about 38 minutes.