Kiwi is a sourish fruit that, in addition to being delicious, is an important source of vitamins and minerals. Here are some reasons why you should introduce kiwi in your diet.
The benefits of Kiwi:
1. It contains a double quantity of C vitamin compared to the one found in oranges;
2. Also contains vitamin E (antioxidant properties, provides skin health), folic acid (combating cardiovascular problems) and potassium (helps maintain heart health and blood pressure within normal limits).
3. Polyphenols and carotenoids from its composition fight against free radicals and oxidative stress.
4. It is ideal for improving your immune system.
5. It is a natural laxative because it contains fibers. It help to eliminate toxins from the colon and prevent constipation and gastrointestinal problems.
6. It fight against impotence thanks to arginine with vasodilator effect.
7. It is a good source of lutein which can be found in the human`s eye and contributes to the prevention of glaucoma and cataracts`s development.
8. It is good for the eyes: helps the body to fight against eye degeneration. Although you learn that carrots are good aliments for sight, it seems that fruits exceed them. Ophthalmologists conclusion is that eating 3 or more fruits per day, you reduce by 36% the risk of ocular degeneration.
9. Phytonutrients from kiwi protects our DNA. Kiwi is a good source of phytonutrients and antioxidants – substances that delay the cells aging. Some say that the peel is rich in nutrients.
10. It is a smart carb for weight loss. Kiwi’s low glycemic index and high fiber content means it will not create a strong insulin rush like other fruit with high sugar contents — so the body will not respond by storing fat.