Mango is a very appreciated and consumed tropical fruit, ranking second after bananas. Its orange and juicy core is an excellent source of fiber and C vitamin . It has anticancer properties, being very rich in antioxidants.
A study in Australia showed that a diet rich in mango can be beneficial if you want to lose weight. The only condition is to consume all the fruit with peel.
If you don`t know how to eat this fruit, I will give you some ideas: add mango in yougurt, put mango in salads for a pleasant taste, use mango in cakes, tarts.
The best way to choose a mango at the store is not as much about the color as it is its firmness. Push gently against the skin with your thumb. If it’s “squishy,” it’s too ripe; too hard and it’s not yet done. It’s perfect when it gives ever so slightly to gentle pressure, and may also have a fruity aroma on the stem end.
Here are 10 reasons you should start eating mango right now.
1. It contains antioxidants, A,B, C, E vitamins. 100 grams of mango contains 25% of the recommended dose of vitamin A for a day.
2. The polyphenols antioxidants from mango protect against colon diseases and keep us away from reast and leukemia diseases.
3. Mango fruits are a good source for potassium; 100 grams of mango contains 156 mg of potassium. Potassium is important for good blood circulation.
4. Lowers cholesterol levels;
5. When is crude, it is very good for indigestion and dysentery.
6. When is mature, it is a good laxative and diuretic;
7. It is rich in nutrients;
8. It is good for eye health, liver and heart;
9. Strengthens immunity and protects the nervous system;
10. Decrease the cancer risk.