Coffee helps us to think faster and more clearly, dispelling sleepiness and fatigue. Also, according to the researchers, a cup of coffee drunk daily help in reducing the risk of colon cancer, gallstones, cirrhosis, Parkinson’s disease, prevents asthma or diabetes.
Coffee is the most popular beverage in the world becauseof its effects on the body. Here are 10 interesting things that you should know about this energy drink:
1. World production of coffee is around 6.6 mln. Tons, the largest producer and exporter of coffee is Brazil, with approximately 1.9 million tons.
2. It is said that coffee beans were discovered by chance by a herd of goats.The pastor observed that his animals were more and more agitated after consuming the coffee beans.
3. Kopi Luwak is the most expensive coffee in the world (cost 82 euros).
4. Coffee is also used to keep hair and skin brilliance by applying a natural mask of coffee.
5. The coffee tree, in all seasons, is filled with green flowers and fruits, raw or cooked, their color going from green to yellow and then to light red and reddish-purple when mature.
6. Coffee was first used for the incentive effect of the early Christian monasteries Ethiopia, for reducing fatigue during long religious ceremonies.
7. Coffe was first used for its benefits at the beginnings of Christianity, in monasteries from Ethiopia, in order to reduce fatigue during long religious ceremonies.
8. East African tribes were grinding raw coffee beans mixing with animal fat, thus obtaining a paste. Tribe warriors ate the paste to have more energy during battles.
9. Coffee reduces the body’s ability to absorb certain nutrients.
10. Long time ago Arabs made wine from coffee beans. For this reason it was originally called ‘Qahwah’ (which means ‘wine’ in Arabic). The drink was served during religious ceremony and was later considered a substitute for wine, there where alcohol was forbidden.